DR. SARAI SUSANNE STUART, CHT PhD ND
Naturopath Doctor - Holistic Nutritionist -
Colon Hydro-Therapist - Intuitive health scan
FYI - CHIA SEEDS Consumption Causes Negative Side Effects
Chia seeds eaten or drank have positive benefits BUT be aware of the negative effects.
Beverage recipe at end.
* Increased gas /flatulence that usually occurs when you consume chia seeds in large quantities, i.e. drinking in beverages.
* Allergy to mustard seeds? Think twice before you consume chia seeds, you will also experience unfavorable responses to these chia seeds.
* Taking certain medications: blood thinners and aspirin? You might have an adverse reaction due to the relatively high content of Omega 3 in chia seeds.
* Avoid chia seeds if you are a hemophiliac or you are scheduled to go in for any type of surgical procedure.
* Pregnant woman experience a greater increase of negative side effects that can affect the woman and the child when it is born. Suggestion - pregnant women should avoid chia seeds for self and the unborn child.
* Larger quantities of chia seeds tend to produce an increase in negative side effects.
* Larger quantities of chia seeds could potentially produce an addiction in the individual.
MAKE YOUR OWN CHIA BEVERAGE - Place into glass bottle- either fresh alkaline water or cold herbal tea, chia seeds, lemon or lime juice, and a tiny amount of one of nature's two healthiest sweeteners: organic green powder Stevia or Navitas Naturals Yacon syrup (avoid yacon syrup from China.)